Briggen Express

The brig EXPRESS was built in Sideby 1866 for the shipowner J.P. Sundström. The vessel was used for his export of tar and wood products and she was almost exclusively trading the Mediterranean. The sister vessel OLGA was rigged as a schooner. EXPRESS was sold to Norway in 1873 and traded the Oceans still in the 1880s. © Christer Norrvik: Stad under segel. Kristinestads sjöfart efter 1809. Kristinestad 1999. The painting by Weyts Jr., Amsterdam, is deposited at The Maritime Museum of Kristinestad.

[Tillbaka] [Back]